Grande Rice Bran Oil – The Healthy Cooking Oil For Foodies
As moms, serving good food and seeing our kids and spouses delighted with how they taste is usually the highlight of our days. But with the onset of so many food-related diseases (e.g. heart diseases, diabetes, obesity), it will always be wise to be informed if we are really using the healthiest ingredients in our everyday dishes. This includes the humble but one of the most basic of them all – the cooking oil.
Grande Rice Bran Oil is unlike the rest of the cooking oil types most home cooks use. Why? It’s because the oil is extracted from the middle layer of the husk and the grain of rice. Remember why most healthy cooking books try to tell us to prefer unprocessed rice where the husk are retained rather than white rice? It’s because most of the vitamins like Vitamin E, phystosterols and what they call Gamma-oryzanol are in there.
Grande Rice Bran Oil is called “the Olive Oil of the East” and it is healthy to use in all kinds of cooking (frying, searing and sauteeing). It can also be used as a healthy dressing, as dip, or as base for baking. We’ve tried using Grande Rice Bran Oil in frying with intense heat and true, the oil doesn’t burn easily. The consistency of the oil is not that thick nor thin and yet, we didn’t taste any kind of greasiness in our food.
Why Try Grande Rice Bran Oil
Why not? As decision makers at home, basically in our kitchen, we decide primarily based on how health conscious we are, how critical we are when it comes to taste, and then how economical our choices will be. In these 3 factors, we gauged how Grande Rice Bran Oil will fare:
- Has international certifications with international standards such as Halal Food by Halal Food Agency and HACCP Food Safety Management issued by British Standard Instituion
- Rich in antioxidants – Vitamin E, phystosterols and Oryzanol which can help improve cholesterol levels.
- Hypoallergenic and beneficial to cardiovascular health and boosting immunity.
- Has Omega 9 or oleic acid which helps lower LDL cholesterol
- Has balanced fat profile to help in having a balanced diet
- High smoke point of 240-254 degree celsius which allows cooking at high temperatures without compromising nutritional value and losing flavor of the food
- Has neutral taste and low viscosity so you don’t have to use too much in quantity when cooking just to cover or cook the food.
- Competitive with the standard market price of P185 per 1L and P365 for 2L.
Grande Rice Brand Oil is available in selected supermarket and Rustan’s Marketplace nationwide. To further know the brand and products of Grande, visit https://www.grande-rbo.com/ and follow Grande’s FB and IG page.